Do you want to avoid the old-fashioned style of moving files and dealing with messy cables just to print from your iPhone? Well, here's some good news! Connecting your iPhone to a wireless printer makes printing on the go super easy. Let’s find out how to connect iPhone to wireless printer and print without trouble. Say goodbye to the need for file transfers and print wirelessly from iPhone!
In this guide, we will discuss the following:
- Print Wirelessly From iPhone: Apple’s AirPrint
- Connect iPhone to Wireless Printer: Materials to Prepare
- How to Connect iPhone to Wireless Printer: Steps to Follow
- Add a Printer to iPhone: Troubleshooting Common Issues
Print Wirelessly From iPhone: Apple’s AirPrint
Ever wondered how you can print things from your iPhone without the fuss of wires and complicated setups? That's where AirPrint comes in.
But what exactly is AirPrint?
AirPrint is a technology developed by Apple that lets you wirelessly print from iOS and macOS devices to compatible printers. No drivers are needed. Connect to Wi-Fi and effortlessly print photos, docs, emails, and more. It's a helpful feature that makes your Apple gadgets even cooler and printing easier.
Connect iPhone to Wireless Printer: Materials to Prepare
Ready to get started? You'll need a few essential materials to ensure a smooth and hassle-free printing experience. Here are the things required to make wireless printing from your iPhone a reality.
- An iPhone: You'll need an iPhone with AirPrint compatibility. Most modern iOS devices, including iPhones, support AirPrint. Ensure your device is running a compatible iOS version. Here is the table for iPhone models with AirPrint:
|iPhone SE||1st and 2nd generation|
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone XS Max
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPhone 12 mini
iPhone 12 Pro
iPhone 12 Pro Max
iPhone 13 mini
iPhone 13 Pro
iPhone 13 Pro Max
iPhone 14 Plus
iPhone 14 Pro
iPhone 14 Pro Max
- A Compatible Printer: You'll need an AirPrint-compatible printer. These printers support the AirPrint technology and can connect to your Wi-Fi network. Check if your printer model is on Apple's list of AirPrint-compatible printers, or consult the printer's manual or manufacturer's website for compatibility information.
- A Wi-Fi Network: Your iPhone and the AirPrint-compatible printer should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. This is important for them to connect.
- Content to Print: Have the content you want to print ready on your iPhone. This can be a photo, document, email, web page, or any other printable material.
How to Connect iPhone to Wireless Printer: Steps to Follow
Are you excited to print wirelessly from iPhone? Here are the simple steps on how to connect iPhone to wireless printer:
Step 1: Check Compatibility. First, make sure your printer can work with iPhones and supports AirPrint.
Step 2: Connect to Wi-Fi. Ensure your iPhone and the printer are both on the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 3: Enable Bluetooth (if needed). If your printer requires Bluetooth, turn it on in your iPhone's settings.
Step 4: Add Printer on iPhone
- Open "Settings" on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap "Printers."
- Choose "Add Printer" to find available printers.
- Pick your wireless printer from the list.
That's it! Now, your iPhone can easily print to your wireless printer without cables or complicated setups.
So, how to AirPrint from iPhone?
- Printing from your iPhone using AirPrint is easy. Here are the steps you can follow on how to print from iPhone to wireless printer:
Step 1: Open the File. Start by opening the file or image you want to print on your iPhone. It could be a photo, document, email, or web page.
Step 2: Tap the Share Icon. Look for the share icon, which is typically a square with an arrow pointing up. Depending on your app, it's usually located at the bottom or top of your screen.
Step 3: Find the "Print" Option. Scroll through the sharing options until you find "Print." Tap it.
Step 4: Select Printer. Your iPhone will search for available printers on the same Wi-Fi network. When it finds your wireless printer, choose it.
Step 5: Set Printing Options (if needed). Depending on your printer, you might have some printing options to configure, such as the number of copies or page range.
Step 6: Hit "Print". Once everything is set, tap "Print" in the upper-right corner, and your iPhone will send the print job to your wireless printer.
You did it! Your document or image will be sent to the printer, which should start printing shortly. Enjoy the convenience of wireless printing from your iPhone!
Add a Printer to iPhone: Troubleshooting Common Issues
Have trouble connecting your iPhone to a printer? Here are some things you can do to quickly fix the problem and print wirelessly!
1. Printer Not Found
- When you encounter the message "Printer Not Found," it means that your iPhone couldn't locate the wireless printer you want to use. To address this issue, you should first examine two critical factors: your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections. These are essential for your iPhone to communicate with the printer wirelessly. Here’s what you can do:
A. Wi-Fi Connection
Step 1: Restart. Turn off both your iPhone and the printer. Wait for a minute, then turn them back on. This can help them connect to the network again.
Step 2: Check Wi-Fi. If it didn’t work, go to "Wi-Fi" in your iPhone’s settings. Make sure it's connected to the same Wi-Fi network your printer is using. If they're not on the same network, choose the right one on your iPhone.
Step 3: Printer's Wi-Fi. Look at your printer's settings to make sure it's also on the same Wi-Fi as your iPhone. Ensure that the printer's Wi-Fi is working well.
Step 4: Wi-Fi Problems. If the issue continues, check your Wi-Fi at home. Make sure your Wi-Fi router is working, and there are no problems with the network.
Step 5: Reconnect. If your home has more than one network with similar names, make sure you're connecting to the right one. Sometimes your iPhone or printer might switch to a different network that looks similar.
B. Bluetooth Connection (if applicable)
Step 1: Check Printer Manual. Look in the printer's manual or any documentation that came with it to confirm if it needs Bluetooth for setup and communication. This will help you understand if Bluetooth is a requirement.
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth on iPhone. On your iPhone, open the "Settings" app and go to the "Bluetooth" section. Turn on Bluetooth if it's not already enabled. This allows your iPhone to communicate with the printer via Bluetooth.
Step 3: Pair the Devices. If your printer needs Bluetooth, you might need to pair it with your iPhone. Follow the instructions provided in your printer's manual for pairing it with your iPhone via Bluetooth.
2. Slow Printing
- Large files or a weak Wi-Fi signal can cause slow printing. To make your printing faster, here’s what you can do to fix it:
Step 1: Make sure your printer and iPhone are close to the Wi-Fi router so the Wi-Fi signal is strong. If you have different Wi-Fi networks, choose the fastest one for printing.
Step 2: If your files are really big, they take longer to print. Make them smaller by compressing pictures or using lower quality settings.
Step 3: If your printer is dirty or has old parts, it can be slow. Clean it and make sure everything is working okay. You can simply follow this guide on how to clean printhead, or if you have an Epson printer, you click this guide to clean the paper rollers.
3. Outdated Firmware
- If your printer's software is old, it might not work with your iPhone. You can get the latest software for your printer and the steps to install using these links. This will help your printer and iPhone work well together.
Now you have the answers how to connect Iphone to wireless printer! Are you ready to print without the hassle of wires? By following the steps outlined in this guide and keeping our troubleshooting tips in mind, you can easily print your documents and photos. Say goodbye to the hassle of transferring files and enjoy the freedom to print wirelessly from iphone. Try it out today!
- You can easily print from your iPhone to a wireless printer, avoiding the need for cables and file transfers.
- Apple's AirPrint technology enables you to print wirelessly from iPhone by eliminating the need for drivers and offering a convenient way to print documents and photos. Check if your printer is AirPrint-compatible and consult the printer's manual for compatibility information.
- Troubleshooting common problems such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections, slow printing, and outdated firmware can help you tackle any printing issues. By addressing these concerns, you can effortlessly add a printer to iPhone for wireless printing, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free printing experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I print from multiple iPhones to the same wireless printer?
Yes, you can print from multiple iPhones to the same wireless printer. It's as easy as ensuring that all the iPhones are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and the printer is compatible with AirPrint. Once these conditions are met, all the iPhones can send print jobs to the shared printer, making it a convenient solution for households or workplaces with multiple iPhones.
What should I do if my printer goes offline while printing from my iPhone?
If your printer suddenly stops working while printing from your iPhone, here's what you can do. First, make sure your Wi-Fi is working okay. Then, check that your iPhone and printer still use the same Wi-Fi. If they aren't, connect them to the same one. If that doesn't work, try turning off both the printer and your iPhone for a little while, then turn them back on. You can also follow this guide on how to fix printer offline problems.
Can I print to any wireless printer on the same network?
You can't print to just any wireless printer on your network. The printer needs to be the type that works with AirPrint so it connects to your iPhone. Before you try to print, check if your printer can do this by looking in the manual or on the manufacturer's website. If it can, then you're good to go and can print from your iPhone wirelessly to that specific printer on the same network.
Can I print different file types from my iPhone?
Yes, you have the flexibility to print different file types directly from your iPhone. Your iPhone makes it convenient whether it's a cherished photo, an important document, an email you need in hard copy, or even a web page you want to keep. With just a few taps following our step-by-step guide, you can send these different file types to your wireless printer, making printing from your iPhone an all-encompassing solution for your various printing needs.
Why is my printer not responding to print commands?
If your printer isn't working, it could be problems like paper jams, insufficient ink, or a connection issue. Check these factors before you try to fix it, as it might help you figure out what's causing the trouble and make it easier to solve. You can also try our troubleshooting steps above to fix your printer.