This guide will help bypass errors when installing replacement HP 206A or HP 206X toner cartridges. This is specifically for HP Color LaserJet Pro M255/M282/M283 printer series only.
- HP Color LaserJet Pro M255dw
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M282nw
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283cdw
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw
- Ensure the printer is on.
- Open the toner cartridge over a sink or trash can to avoid powder leaks.
- Before installing the toner cartridge, remove the black paper and seal.
HP Toner Replacement Instructions
Tip for Error Message: Used or Counterfeit Cartridges
Upon installing your new non-HP toner cartridge, you will encounter the error "Used or counterfeit cartridges installed."
If this happens, press the OK button to continue.
When it reads Ready on your printer screen, then this means you can resume normal printing operation.
When its time to print, you might encounter any of the following error messages:
- Cartridge Low
- Used or Counterfeit Cartridge In Use
To bypass this, follow the instructions below:
1. Cartridge Low
If prompted with a "Cartridge Low" error, simply click on Snooze and choose 2 Months. You can use it normally after.
2. Used or Counterfeit Cartridge In Use
If prompted with a "Used or Counterfeit Cartridge In Use" error, click Snooze and then, select 2 Months.
We hope this article helped you. In need of further assistance? Don't hesitate to contact our toll-free number: 1-833-465-6888 on Mondays to Fridays from 6am-6pm PT. CompAndSave aims to provide you with budget-friendly products of high quality.
Article is closed for comments.