Before cleaning up the toner stain in the carpet. You'll need to make sure that there aren't any other loose toner spills. As anything wet can cause the remaining loose powder to stain even more.
- Please use a vacuum toner to vacuum the remaining powder. One must not use ordinary vacuum as it can build up a static charge with the toner and shock the user.
- Do not rub the vacuum toner over the stain as this can cause the stain to spread. Simply position the vacuum toner over the spot.
- Once the loose toner is removed, moisten a paper towel with a dry cleaning solvent. Dry cleaning solvent is designed to remove toner stains since water will only cause the toner powder to dissolve into the fabric.
- Dab it on the stained area of the carpet. Keep dabbing until the toner transfers to the paper towel. You may need to repeat with fresh ones when the old one is used up.
- Press down dry paper towels over the carpet area to absorb excess moisture and allow it to air dry. To return the carpet's texture, simply vacuum over the spot.