Yes, if your mobile phone supports USB OTG (on the go) cable, it can detect the printer upon connection. Then your phone would be able to print directly to the printer.
USB OTG Cable
A USB OTG cable has a USB Type-A connector in one end and a Micro-USB connector in another. You can either use a 2.0 Micro-USB or the 3.0 one. If your phone does not support a USB OTG cable, you can still print via Bluetooth if your phone and printer have Bluetooth features.
Image from cables.com
Here are the general rules on how to print on mobile with a USB OTG cable:
- Download and install a printer app on your phone. This can be a printer app from your printer's manufacturer. Or a third-party printer app that is compatible with any printer, such as PrinterShare.
- Turn on your printer. Connect the USB OTG cable to your printer and smartphone.
- Your printer app may automatically open upon detecting the cable. Open your printer app. In the printer app, follow the prompts to configure the cable connection and begin printer driver installation on your smartphone.
- You can now print through the printer app or open the document and print from there.
- What are the Different Types of USB Ports and Connectors?
- How to Connect Two Laptops Using USB Cable?